What’s on your current reading list? Or what have you read that you recommend?
My reading list – also known as a note in my iPhone – is a total mishmash at the moment. For some reason this year I’ve had a tough time getting into and getting through books, so whenever someone mentions something that sounds interesting, I add it to my list and then read them as they become available at the library.
My tastes are ridiculously diverse – I like historical fiction, memoirs, books about faith, non-fiction books about history and other parts of the world. I’ve been reading a lot of science fiction with the book club I’m in, which is a genre I hadn’t explored at all before this year. Basically, I’ll try almost anything if it comes recommended.
These are the books currently jotted down in my phone:
- At the Bottom of Everything, Ben Dolnick
- My Mistake, Daniel Menaker (currently reading)
- Stella Bain, Anita Shreve
- The All-Girl Filling Station’s Last Reunion, Fannie Flagg
- Bushwick Poetry, ed. Luke Armstrong
- Happiness Hypothesis, Jonathan Haidt
- The Alchemist, Paul Coelho (I feel like everyone else has read this)
- Switch on Your Brain, Caroline Leaf
- A Return to Modesty, Wendy Shalit
If you’ve read any of these, please leave a review so I know which to prioritize!
I’ve read 18 books so far in 2014, so I probably won’t hit my goal of reading 30 by the end of the year, but that’s all right! My favorite so far – which I highly recommend – is Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter. This novel will interest you if you like history, travel, movies, romance… so basically anything!
What are you reading? Any suggestions for me?