Hello friends! I hope you’ve all had a wonderful Labor Day weekend. Mine was spent in Toronto with wonderful friends, food and new adventures. You’ll be reading about those soon! What did you get up to?
Today’s prompt for the #BlogtemberChallenge is: Write about what makes you happy, from the little joys to the huge game-changers. I’m so excited about this prompt because Happiness is my word of the year for 2014 and something I’ve really been focusing on! It’s so important to think about everything that brings us joy, no matter how small.
Since I’m fresh off vacation, this post is coming to you in the form of a stream-of-consciousness list, straight off the top of my head. Many of these things are related to my trip!
Behold! Things that make me happy:
- Having friends around the world, who are always ready and willing to meet up and make new memories
- Playing board games
- Going to Major League Baseball games – especially when they end in my favor!
- Being able to call my favorite city in the world my home
- Getting snail mail
- Eating cheesecake
- Getting up early enough to read and have a cup of coffee before work (admittedly this doesn’t happen as often as I’d like!)
- Long weekends
- Binge-watching TV shows that have already ended, so I don’t have to wait months after a cliffhanger (I’m currently working through Gossip Girl)
- The first sip of coffee in the morning
- Taking lots of photos of the same tourist attraction from different angles (anyone who’s seen my photos from Paris knows what i’m talking about)
- Road trips
- Knowing that, if I’m called to live somewhere else, I’m capable of dropping everything and going anywhere – because I’ve done it before
What makes you happy?
10 thoughts on “#BlogtemberChallenge Day 2: Happiness!”
I LOVE your list! Especially road trips —- so much fun!
Thanks Kristy Lynn! Road trips are definitely my favorite kind of vacation.
I was immediately drawn to your blog name, it is awesome! I love that you have such a positive attitude! Also, the fact that you just visited T.Dot (I live in Ottawa- 5 hours away), makes me happy- though I’m intrigued on your favourite baseball team, Toronto? or a NY team? Ok, one more thought- how great is Gossip Girl? I can’t get enough of their drama! You should try 90210 (the rebooted version) when you finish! Ok, end comment!
Thanks so much for the kind words, Kimberley! I would love to visit Ottawa – this weekend was my first time in Canada and now I want to see all of it! My sports allegiances are all over the place, but this weekend I was rooting for the Blue Jays because I cannot stand the Yankees! Even though I live in NYC, my grandpa is originally from Boston so I was bred to root against NY in sports. Gossip Girl is AMAZING, and thanks for the rec – I’ll add 90210 to my list! Thanks for stopping by – I can’t wait to keep up with you throughout Blogtember!
you make me happy. and fabric. always fabric.
You make me happy too Mama
I hope we are never to old to enjoy the sweet joy of snail mail!
Agreed, Veronica! Thanks for stopping by!
I have to say, I absolutely love the name of your blog. Just reading the name makes me smile. And I haven’t had cheesecake in far too long–cheesecake is definitely a happy thing!
Thank you so much Rachel! Cheesecake is definitely the best.