Today, friends, is my twenty-sixth birthday. And for some reason, that fact has me completely freaked out. Twenty-six just feels so much older than twenty-five. I don’t know why. It makes no sense. But instead of dwelling on this, I decided to compile a list of delightful things I accomplished whilst 25 – big and small – and to think about all of the delightful things ahead! Here are some things that have happened in the life of Leigh Anne over the past 366 days…
- I launched my delightful city guides, a huge project that I put – and continue to put – a lot of heart and soul into
- I took my first completely solo trip to Boston, and loved every minute
- I visited three new countries (South Africa, Swaziland, the Bahamas) and a new continent (Africa!)
- I read 44 books (thanks for the stats, goodreads!)
- I had my photos featured by Strand Bookstore, The New York Post, and more cool brands
- I drove a car for the first time in two years (this was less than delightful itself, but the ease of getting around was amazing!)
- I explored more of my own neighborhood, Crown Heights – after a year of not venturing much beyond my block, I now have a favorite independent coffee shop, burger joint and cocktail bar
- I went to and volunteered at the first-ever She is Free gathering
- I saw three Broadway shows (Mamma Mia!, An American in Paris, and The Lion King)
- I went to Sleep No More, which is officially my favorite thing I’ve done in New York
- I discovered a bus that’ll take me from Trader Joe’s to my apartment (you’ll only understand how delightful this one is if you’ve lugged groceries around NYC)
- I spent a week watching MLB spring training in Arizona
- I was asked to be a bridesmaid for the first time
- I went to the top of the World Trade Center (twice!) and Top of the Rock
- I spent a weekend helping designer Jennifer Adams with events in Manhattan, which lead to a regular (paid!) freelancing gig for her blog
- I met my brother’s cat and my best friend’s second pug
- I upgraded to the iPhone 6S and it completely changed my photography game
- I went behind the scenes at the New York Public Library
- I started running my church’s Twitter account
- I spent an entire day inside during a crazy blizzard
- I surprised my mom on HER birthday
- I launched my mission to Make Mondays Magical
- I went to the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
- I saw a ton of Christmas trees in the city
- I started sponsoring a little girl in Swaziland and got to go visit her
… and I could go on and on! Truly, I know that 26 is going to be just as delightful as 25 – and I’m excited to face it, head on. Here’s to another year of adventure!
7 thoughts on “25 delightful things I did while I was 25”
Great post 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Awesome! I’m turning 25 this year, looking forward to all the great things ahead! 🙂
P.S. Happy Birthday!!!
Thank you! Enjoy 25 – I was a BIG fan!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Happy Birthday sweet girl! Of course my FAVORITE thing on your list was surprising mom on her birthday! Love you so!
That was one of my favorites too! LOVE YOU!