Hello friends! I hope you’ve all had a wonderful Labor Day weekend. Mine was spent in Toronto with wonderful friends, food and new adventures. You’ll be reading about those soon! What did you get up to?
Today’s prompt for the #BlogtemberChallenge is: Write about what makes you happy, from the little joys to the huge game-changers. I’m so excited about this prompt because Happiness is my word of the year for 2014 and something I’ve really been focusing on! It’s so important to think about everything that brings us joy, no matter how small.
Since I’m fresh off vacation, this post is coming to you in the form of a stream-of-consciousness list, straight off the top of my head. Many of these things are related to my trip!
Behold! Things that make me happy:
- Having friends around the world, who are always ready and willing to meet up and make new memories
- Playing board games
- Going to Major League Baseball games – especially when they end in my favor!
- Being able to call my favorite city in the world my home
- Getting snail mail
- Eating cheesecake
- Getting up early enough to read and have a cup of coffee before work (admittedly this doesn’t happen as often as I’d like!)
- Long weekends
- Binge-watching TV shows that have already ended, so I don’t have to wait months after a cliffhanger (I’m currently working through Gossip Girl)
- The first sip of coffee in the morning
- Taking lots of photos of the same tourist attraction from different angles (anyone who’s seen my photos from Paris knows what i’m talking about)
- Road trips
- Knowing that, if I’m called to live somewhere else, I’m capable of dropping everything and going anywhere – because I’ve done it before
What makes you happy?